CURRENTLY HIRING: STUDENT MENTORS (PART TIME)
- Plan and execute a 1 week orientation program for international high school students entering our program
- Plan and lead activities for students participating in schools based in Philly area.
- Serve as support role for Homestay Department working at times with students outside of regular business hours.
- Work with schools and host families from Homestay Department to give them input to best welcome students in US.
- Providing information, documentation, files, contract in Chinese and always ready to explain paperwork in Chinese for students and parents.
- Consult with team on student issues; help students to cope with mental issues like stress and anxiety.
- Serve as marketing support to collect images and videos at activities.
- Participate in Residential Life activities with the students in assigned group when applicable.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor degree required in Communication, Media, or Counseling related field; with preferred two years of experience directly related to international students education
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, include the utilization of social media.
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese, be able to speak, write, and translate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with students, biological parents, agencies.
- Ability to initiate, implement, and support change.
- Ability to remain flexible: adapt to a changing environment; multi-task and shift priorities as needed.
- Strong problem resolution and decision making ability
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor